Vidiyo BeatBits Guide & Tracker

Cheapjokes.com (an RLFM) has released a guide for the LEGO Vidiyo BeatBits and a system for tracking your BeatBits collection. You can find more information via this link: https://bit.ly/3l2jmnl

The tracking tool allows you to enter the BeatBits (including quantity) that you have and apply filters to see your 'wanted' or 'swap' list.

• I had never heard of this... so I clicked through and read, then went and watched some stuff on youtube about them... and .. what a strange concept.

Yeah its different alright. I have to admit it does seem a little better than many of legos other attempts at integrating technology.
    The collectable vidiyo minifigs come in little boxes so i hope they done start doing that with the other cmf series. You cant feel for which figs youre getting with the boxes

@sema4 I think Vidiyo will real appeal to a lot of kids. TLG is definitely looking at innovative ways of combinig LEGO and technology. I imagine it will be a short run similar to Hidden Side.
    I agree with @Ian that some of the figures are pretty cool. And there are soooo many printed tiles!
    Sadly I do expect the CMFs to eventually be in boxes to meet TLG's sustainable packaging goal over the next few years. Perhaps this is a way for them to test the reaction of the market as I know they have been looking at various options.

@Krista yeah the printed tiles would be great for a record store or wall art/ posters. Yes i was thinking they were probably heading that way as part of their sustainability initiative. They still have plastic bags inside the boxes in the vidiyo boxes though so their not there yet.

@Ian I guess if you can't do the feel test that will open up more trading of minifigs to get the complete set.

Yeah it would necessitate some trading. I usually dont want the whole set, but sometimes want multiples of certain figs, like the knights and vikings in series 20. I wanted a crap load of those, but would have to go to the secondary market to find them, instead of periodically going to a store and feeling for them.

From legos perspective that might be a good thing though. People taking all of one fig out of boxes leaves some people without them, and im sure its inconvenient for stores to have a bunch of randos constantly feeling through the minifigs

Some very interesting discussions are happening on the LAN about blind bags/boxes and introducing children to gambling. One of the members shared this article about the parallels between blind bags/boxes and gambling, so I thought I would share it here as well.

• @Krista big topic in the gaming industry as loot boxes and pay to win schemes are big money makers for mobile and online games. Belgium made them illegal last year and Germany is moving to make them 18+ only https://www.engadget.com/germany-video-game-loot-boxes-adult-requirement-145154466.html

@vdog Ya I had no idea about loot boxes (I'm not a gamer) until I read the article from the LAN. Very interesting that at least one country has made them illegal. It will be interesting to see if TLG makes a statement about this or factors it into their decision when designing the packaging for future cmf series'.