Lego 90th Anniversary Fan Vote!

@vdog Sorry I meant where you can see the current vote standings.

There was a very good comment there about the fact that there a bunch of different categories for Space and Castle themes so the folks interested in those will have their votes spread out, where as the folks interested in Bionicles or Model Team only have 1 category so all their votes are gathered together.

Poor way to try to narrow down the list.

@MyBrickYard this has been shared with TLG via the LAN. I think a lot of Abassadors are tired that they constantly say they'll consult the AFOL community (via Ambassadors) and then things like this happen without consultation (and are poorly done). So we are left to tell them reactively that they missed the mark. It is unlikely they will adjust the categories now but hopefully they will think through things better next time, or at least consult with Ambassdors so we can help them think through things in a proactive way.

A very interesting article has just come out that found a way to pull user data to get interim results.
    https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-ideas-umfrage-zwischenstand/

Here is a snip of the top 10 (well top 11 since we all know how much I love Model Team!). Even though I've shared some results, the article is worth the read.
    anniversary set vote.PNG

Fucking Bionicle....

Lol. If bionicle wins, I'm demanding a recount and then throw a fit like Trump!

@scotth510 But if you count Classic Castle, Forestmen and Lion Knights that works out to more than Bionicles. And that's not even counting the other Castle Series which total over 12,000 votes themselves.
    Now those votes may be the same people voting for 3 different Castle series... but who knows.

@scotth510 lol, Bionicle is fake news.

@MyBrickYard and @scott read the article. They do a rudimentary analysis of what it would look like if all the castle, space, and pirate themes weren't broken into all the subthemes. Bionicle falls to third.
    TLG reserves the right to choose the winner out of the top 3 anyway so all is not lost even if bionicle gets the most votes.

Its just weird that lego couldnt foresee the problems with structuring things this way. It seems intuitive that backlash was going to happen by splitting the vote. They could have easily saved themselves some trouble, with a little forethought. Backlash seems inevitable no matter which theme wins at this point.

I would have just made themes like castle one vote, but if you vote for it ask which was your favorite subtheme. Lion knights, wolfpack etc. Then the top theme in the winning category would be the winner.

I suppose that might have its own problems, but lego should have access to some pretty advanced computer modelling. They should be able to figure this out

I think the whole line-up they have given would be a good "Classic" series. Take the flagship set of each of the themes shown and see how people actually buy them. Then they can re-release sets from the themes that do well. It's sort off how they came out of the dark ages in the early 2000s.

@Ian you would think they have advanced modeling but the more I learn about their internal systems, processes and challenges, the more I realize they are severly lacking in that area.
    @Ptrotter that's a good idea. Maybe they'll consider that for the top 3.

Less than 24hrs to go for the first round of voting!

Last round of voting is up!
    https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6c5a05b4-e29c-47ec-8841-a2bce1f8933e
    Link to vote is near the bottom of the blog post

The new voting list is out. Here's an excerpt of the announcement:
    We realize and take full responsibility, that we made the mistake of splitting the Castle vote. So we are going to have our second vote, increase from three options to four to include Castle. As to not push out Pirates.

This will mean that the second fan vote will kick off with the following options:

• Bionicle

• Classic Space

• Pirates

• Castle

Did my voting duty.
    It's time for a new castle. We have had new pirate ships and rebuilds of classic space through the Lego Movie. Bionicle just doesn't feel like it fits in the realm of iconic Lego sets.

Time for a Castle.