Forum Updates

I'm starting this topic here for posting about changes or updates I have made to the forums, as well as a place people can ask about missing features or post about weird behaviour people might be experiencing.

New Feature: New Topic Email Alerts

I have added the ability to receive emails when new topics are posted to the forums. This is accomplished by clicking the new "Subscribe" button within the category you wish to receive email updates for. This will cause emails to be sent for new topics posted within that particular category. You should not receive emails for replies to those topics unless you watch or reply to those topics specifically.

I recommend everyone subscribe to the "Meetings" category at the very least. That way you can keep up on gatherings we are having without having to check the forums constantly.

Please reply here if this isn't working correctly for you, or if you have any questions about this.

It would have been nice if i was able to just add an option to send emails for categories you are watching, instead of adding a new subscription feature, but unfortunately this is the only way I could add this feature in without programming something myself.

This was super easy to do. Thanks @michael

Looks like it's now sending out 2 emails for topic replies... sigh. Sorry about this. I'll have to work on it when I get a chance.

I've renamed the Category "Shows and Conventions" to simply "Events". We didn't really have a good place for events that weren't shows or conventions, so it made sense to just make that category more general.